Privacy is extremely important to us and we want to assure you that we will do all we can to protect your personal data. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
From time to time we may need to change this policy and will do so by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
Information collected by Mench Living
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order or other communication such as e-mail. We also collect information if you participate in another site feature.
- When ordering or registering, we will ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, debit/credit card information (if paying via Stripe) or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously as a guest.
- We use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. For further information on this please refers to the Please refer to the cookies section below.
- When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s Internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
We believe that it is essential for us to understand our customers, therefore we require this information to best understand your needs and provide you with the best service possible, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To personalise your experience when using the site, and to allow us to provide the type of content and product offerings in which are most suited to you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. We use Mailchimp to manage and collate our marketing mailing lists. If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will ask you directly for your expressed consent. If, after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by updating your preferences on Mailchimp, or by contacting us at email@example.com. For more insight, you may also want to read Mailchimp’s Terms of Service and Privacy Statement at www.mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
Payments on our site are processed using ether Stripe or PayPal, both are secure and trusted online payment gateways. Stripe has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor, and is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. This is the most stringent level of certification available. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read Woocommerce’s Terms of Service and Privacy Statement.
Protecting Your Personal Data
Security is really important to us and we therefore take all reasonable steps to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your personal data.
We encrypt certain information (such as credit card numbers) using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We also follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and after it is received.
Unfortunately, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we can’t guarantee its absolute security.
Cookies, Pixels and Analytics
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Chrome or Safari) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Disclosure of Information
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term “outside parties” does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Removing or Modifying Information You Have Provided Us With
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the “My Account” section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. To completely remove your account, please email us and we will delete it for you. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
By visiting our site and/or buying something from us, you agree to be bound by the terms stated in the above and our Terms and Conditions. These terms apply to all users of the site, please read them carefully before accessing or using our website. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not use the website.
The Act gives you the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue via our contact form , to email@example.com , or to Mench Living, 13 Bucklersbury, Hitchin, Hertfordshire, SG5 1BB.